What's been going on with the Lundholms...

Thursday, March 26, 2009

RSV (respiratory syncytial virus)

For the past couple days Braden has had a runny nose and a little cough, however, when he woke me up at 1am, 3am, and 5:30am (this time we just stayed up) it didn't seem like just a runny nose.

So at 8am I called the doctor and got him to be looked at. Sadly, RSV has been going around lately and so the doctor wanted to test Braden for that. Sure enough that is what he had. If you don't already know what that is, it is a virus common for infants to get and lasts 4-6 WEEKS, thats right weeks NOT days. SO runny nose, sore throat, and cough are the most common symptoms all of which Braden has...except the sore throat I am not sure about that one since he has not complained of that to me yet...but we will see. lol

This is just what we need right now, I mean we have already had one cold, sore throat, two ear infections, the flu, and now RSV. I guess he will build his immune system and be a healthy adult, at least one can only hope.

At least the doctor gave us some medicine to reduce the symptoms. I gave Braden some of it right away and within in thirty minutes he was out, and I mean he was OUT. He took a FIVE hour nap today, which was perfect for me so I could just keep working from home. I got a lot done while he slept.

So wish us luck for the next six weeks as we continue to use the snot sucker every hour...he really hates that part! I mean hates....lots of yelling and screaming. Baths should help to clear things up so he can breathe though. We just have to keep an eye on him so it doesn't get worse, and we can't take him to church this next Sunday.

This too shall pass....

1 comment:

Kimra Bham said...

Yes, it will pass.... but it's always hard when you're in the thick of it! So sorry, guys! Good luck, and we hope little Braden gets well SOON!
P.S. I love your new blog layout!