What's been going on with the Lundholms...

Monday, June 20, 2011

Lattin's Cider Mill With The Boys

On Saturday, June 5th we went to this cute little place called Lattin's Cider Mill. On the weekends they sell fresh homemade apple fritters. YUM! They also sell produce and meat that they have grown and raised right there on the farm. To start off Braden went straight for the john deer bike. There were lots of little bikes and 50 cent rides the kids could go on. After Braden rode around for a while we we off to the animals. For 60 cents you can buy a bag of food to feed the animals. We mainly fed the goats, that was a little crazy cause the big mamma goat about ripped the bag out of my hand and trampled her babies just to get to the food. I guess was one hungry nursing mamma. Too bad I didn't get a photo of that, but she probably would have eaten my camera. Braden was a little afraid of the goats since she was being I little aggressive. However, he loved the chickens, pigs, ducks, bunnies, cows, and the many birds.

Taking a little doughnut and milk break.


Those were a lot of teenage chickens...not the prettiest stage of life.
This peacock was great! He sure was showing off and making a lot of noise!

I have never seen one so close with its feathers all out, pretty cool.
Emmitt loved the pig, I was hoping pigs don't bite since he was sticking his little fingers in the cage. Emmitt is such a sweet little boy, I just love him so much!!
He is just so adorable! Love his sweet face in this picture. Me on the other hand, I think I was laughing at Brian who was taking the photos...not sure what Brian was doing to be so funny.
Emmitt loving his Mamma! Well, I think he was actually just getting a little tired.
Trying to keep Emmitt from eating dirt while Braden was climbing the tree behind us.
We will most certainly be back to Lattin's again soon.

2 comments:

Kimra Bham said...

This place looks like a lot of fun-- reminds me of the apple orchards here in IL that we love to go to in the fall with the homemade apple cider donuts. Mmmm... just thinking of it makes me wish it was Sept!! :)

Linda said...

Love the pictures! So cute!

So i had to make my blog private this morning.... ugh.... i explain it all on my blog. If you want an invite, send me your e-mail address to Linda_Seth (at sign) yahoo